So you wanna volunteer?
While we are always looking for energetic volunteers each year, this event does have a long history, so we have several volunteers that are always on board and the spots get taken quickly. Be sure to really check your schedule first and follow the instructions listed below. Simply click the email link below and provide us with the following information. Type "volunteer request" in the subject line of your email. And we thank you for your desire to help.
- How did you hear about the event?
- What is your email address?*
- Where do you live?
- Do you prefer to work indoors or outdoors?
- We keep most shifts to 4 hours or less so please provide us with your first and second preferences for a 4-hour shift that falls between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. on a Monday?
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself. Include any professional skills that you believe would be beneficial and if you wish you are welcome to let us know why you would like to help.
Be reminded this is a Monday event and it is not a national holiday. If we find that we have a volunteer slot available you will be contacted no later than April 10th. Requests must be made annually by April 1st. Also note that there is a MANDATORY volunteer meeting, in two shifts, on the Saturday preceding the event. Plan accordingly.
* All volunteer communications are conducted via the Internet. If you do not have an email address there are several sites that will provide you with one for free. All of your personal information is strictly confidential but please remember that e-mail is not secure. Please do not include any personal or financial information in your email.
To request or confirm of a volunteer spot:
While we conduct most of our volunteer business via email, in case of emergency please include your cell number.
Allow 3-5 business days after your initial request for us to reply.
And we sincerely thank you.
The Hack n' Smack TEAM!